Raven Tools is an agency-focused SEO tool suite which offers a full array of competitive analysis features including backlink research, keyword research, rank tracking, reporting, and website audit tools. In addition, Raven is a great reporting tool which can hook into your various ad and social media accounts to create robust, cross-channel reports.
In this post, we’ll focus on Raven’s competitive analysis and SEO research tools.
Raven Tools Overview
- Features: Organic search competitive analysis, backlink research, link outreach management, SEO technical analysis
- Interface: Simple, easy to use, cloud based software
- Customer Support: Good, email/phone/chat
- Website: www.raventools.com
- Pricing: Free 14 day trial, $79/month
Raven Tools Provides the Following Competitive Analysis Features
|Feature Type||Details||Learn More|
|Technical SEO Analysis||Search your website to find errors and look for technical SEO issues||Learn More||@semrush @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Backlink Research||Review current backlinks on a website||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Backlink Management||Stay on top of link building efforts||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @seopowersuite|
|Keyword Rank Tracking||Your website rank for keywords||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Ranking History||Track historical SEO data to compare performance||Learn More||@seopowersuite|
|Organic Traffic Estimates||See estimates of how much organic traffic a website gets||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Local Rankings||Analysis of ranking based on a location||Learn More||@semrush @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Local Citation Tracking||Analysis of information on local business listings||Learn More||@semrush|
|Keyword Competitors||Identify which competitors rank for specific keywords||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite|
|Paid Search Research||Analysis into competitors advertisments||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu|
|PPC Keyword Research||See keyword volume and cost per click||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu|
|PLA Research||Analysis of competitor product listing ads||Learn More||@semrush|
|Display Ad Research||Research competitor display ads||Learn More||@semrush|
|PPC Ad Research||Analysis of competitor search ads and landing pages||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu|
|Competitor Traffic Analysis||Estimates of competitor traffic and on-site metrics.||Learn More||@semrush @seopowersuite|
How Raven Tools Works
We were using Raven tools for research and SEO reporting as long ago as 10 years. Over time, the software has improved in many ways. Today, we think the tools are very similar to what you’d expect from SEMrush, SpyFu, etc. but as an agency, this is more appealing than some others because of the reporting capabilities.
Here’s what we see in Raven Tools:
- Backlink Analysis: Competitor backlink research which features data from Majestic
- Keyword Rank Tracking: Local and national tracking of keywords from the top 5 search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Tandex, Baidu)
- Competitor Research: Track competitor authority, content quality, social signals, etc. Again, powered by Majectic.
- Link Builder: CRM for link building, mostly focused on finding links, tracking outreach, and reporting on new links and lost links.
What’s great about Raven Tools is the 14 day free trial to poke around and decide.