Second to SEMRush, SpyFu is one of our favorite link research and PPC competitor analysis tools. SpyFy has a great dataset to work with and we really like the interface which makes getting to the data we need quick and easy. SpyFu, as with most other competitive intelligence tools reviewed on this website, provides a robust set of reports which helps digitial marketers research competitor backlinks, PPC activities, and keywords.
In the post, we’ll review the SpyFu software platform as well as the features, pros, and cons that we’ve found over the years.
- Features: Organic search competitive analysis, paid search spying, backlink research and more
- Interface: Simple, easy to use
- Customer Support: Good, email/phone, very responsive
- Website: www.spyfu.com
- Pricing: 30 day free trial, $33/month
SpyFu Provides the Following SEO Competitive Research Tools
|Feature Type||Details||Learn More|
|Technical SEO Analysis||Search your website to find errors and look for technical SEO issues||Learn More||@semrush @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Backlink Research||Review current backlinks on a website||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Backlink Management||Stay on top of link building efforts||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @seopowersuite|
|Keyword Rank Tracking||Your website rank for keywords||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Ranking History||Track historical SEO data to compare performance||Learn More||@seopowersuite|
|Organic Traffic Estimates||See estimates of how much organic traffic a website gets||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Local Rankings||Analysis of ranking based on a location||Learn More||@semrush @mangools @seopowersuite @raventools|
|Local Citation Tracking||Analysis of information on local business listings||Learn More||@semrush|
|Keyword Competitors||Identify which competitors rank for specific keywords||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu @mangools @seopowersuite|
|Paid Search Research||Analysis into competitors advertisments||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu|
|PPC Keyword Research||See keyword volume and cost per click||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu|
|PLA Research||Analysis of competitor product listing ads||Learn More||@semrush|
|Display Ad Research||Research competitor display ads||Learn More||@semrush|
|PPC Ad Research||Analysis of competitor search ads and landing pages||Learn More||@semrush @spyfu|
|Competitor Traffic Analysis||Estimates of competitor traffic and on-site metrics.||Learn More||@semrush @seopowersuite|
How SpyFu Works
SpyFu is a great lower-cost alternative to SEMrush. We actually like the SEO analysis software features a bit better on SpyFu compared to SEMrush. SpyFu really offers a great set of tools related to keyword research, paid search competitior research, rank tracking, business citation management and more. That said, SpyFu does lack in a few features related to local SEO (local rank analysis) as well as lacking a great technical analysis tool.
Here’s what we use SpyFu for:
- Competitor Backlink Analysis: Robust metrics related to inbound links for domains of all authorities. SpyFy offers plenty of data to help you reverse engineer your competitors’ backlink portfolios.
- Google PPC Ad Research: Competitor budget estimates, keywork targets, landing pages, ad text, ad history, etc.
- Organic SEO Rankings: Current and historical views on organic keyword rankings for you and your competitiors.
- Kombat: Kombat is a feature in SpyFu which allows you to view overlaps between you and you competitors in terms of keywords targeted in paid search.
- Organic Keyword Research: SpyFu has a great feature which helps with ideating keyword themes for organic content.
It’s best to get to know SpyFu by taking advantage of their 30 day free trial.