The Facebook Insights API delivers all non ad-related facebook data from Facebook pages. Measuring things like engagement, post reach, community growth (“likes”) etc. all stem from this data source. Choosing the right connector to pull your data to Google Data Studio is a matter of understanding the options.
On this page, we’ll quickly summarize the different options for connecting Facebook Insights and Google Data Studio.
Which Data Studio Connectors Integrate with Facebook Insights?
|Connector||Data Sources||Pricing||Read Review||Free Trial|
|35+ Data Sources||$39/Month||Read Review||Free Trial||facebook ads, google analytics, custom, adform, adobe analytics, adroll, amazon ads, bing ads, facebook insights, public data, google ads, adsense, my business, search console, google+, instagram insights, linkedin ads, mailchimp, company pages, pinterest, quora, reddit, search 360, semrush, stripe, tumblr, twitter, vimeo, yahoo, yandex metrica, youtube, criteo, outbrain, hubspot, snapchatads, verizon, taboola||@supermetrics|
Power My Analytics
|25+ Data Sources||$9.95 Per Source||Read Review||Free Trial||facebook ads, adroll, amazon, bing, constant contact, criteo, ebay, insights, google my business, instagram ads, instagram insights, instagram media insights, linkedin ads, linkedin company analytics, listrak, mailchimp, paypal, pinterest, shareasale, tripadvisor, twitter, walmart, yahoo, snapchatads, perfectaudience, quickbooks, taboola, hubspot||@powermyanalytics|
|18+ Data Sources||Free||Read Review||Free||google analytics, file upload, bigquery, campaign manager, cloud spanner, cloud sql for mysql, display & video 360, extract data, google ad manager 360, google ads, google analytics, google cloud storage, google sheets, mysql, postgresql, search ads 360, search console, youtube analytics, tv attibution|
|400+ Data Sources||$499/Month||Read Review||Demo Available||adobe analytics, adjust, salesforce, shopify, instagram ads, google ads, bing ads, doubleclick, facebook ads, linkedin, twitter, appnexus, criteo, mediamath, snapchat, tradedoubler, yahoo, adform, adroll, appsflyer, google analytics, has offers, perfect audience, performant, ebay, google search console, impact radius, listrak, mailchimp, outbrain, peperjam, propel media, quora, reddit, taboola, yandex, pinterest||@funnel|
|16+ Data Sources||Custom Solutions||Read Review||None Currently||facebook ads,||@tapclicks|
Choosing the Right Facebook Insights + GDS Connector
Connecting to Facebook Insights requires that we use one of the 3rd party Google Data Studio connectors listed on this page as Google does not provide a free connector for this. Here are some things to consider.
- Number of Facebook Pages: For small businesses, it’s typical to just connect a single Facebook page to Google Data Studio. However, some of the connectors listed on this page will allow you to combine/blend multiple pages into one source for roll-up reporting. Services like Supermetrics are great for this as we can grab 1-100s of pages and roll up dimensions and metrics for a high level view.
- Direct Connection vs Data Warehousing: With some connectors, you connect directly to the Facebook Insights API in real time. This means that you’ll pull data from facebook each time your report loads. With others (Power My Analytics), the connector itself will warehouse your data. This is done sometimes to improve performance and to ensure a more stable data connection. For facebook, we don’t think that either warehousing or direct has significant benefits.
For most, grabbing the Supermetrics connector is a great way to quickly bring your Facebook data into Data Studio. If volume of reporting is high (large agencies), you may want to consider some of the other managed data sources listed on this page.
- Learn more about Google Data Studio Connectors
- Supermetrics (free/paid depending on your needs)
- Power My Analytics (free trial)
- Free Data Studio Templates
- Data Studio Alternatives