Google Ads – Google Images now part of Search Network
- Previously, Google images were considered ‘search partners’.
- Now, you advertise on Images as a default.
- If you are opted-in to the search partners, that traffic will decrease.
- Expect a lift in traffic from this change.
Amazon Launches New Service Called “Counter” Offers In-Store Pickup
- Rite Aid is the first partner in the USA.
- Customers go into the store and pick up the package at the counter.
- In response to Amazon locker and many stores don’t have the room to place a locker.
- Stores that participate will see increased foot traffic leading to additional purchases.
Facebook Ads – ‘Top Fans’ Targeting is Now an Option
- Allows pages to post content which will only show to ‘top fans”
- To participate, 10k followers and the “Top Fans” badge must be enabled.
Facebook Downgrades Post with Sensational Health Claims
- Means less exposure for exaggerated miracle cures, weight loss supplements, etc.
- Handle by identifying phrases common to these claims
- Most of the impact will be felt on posts
- In short, get clever with your wording!
Bings Ads Launches New Metrics (Finally!?)
- Top impression share
- Top impression share lost to rank
- Top impression share lost to budget
- Absolute top impression share
- Absolute top impression share lost to rank
- Absolute top impression share lost to budget
Google Search Console Updates (September 1st)
All code that handles noindex in Robots TXT No longer used!
Next best options to avoid crawl:
- Noindex in robots meta tags
- 404 and 410 HTTP status codes
- Password protection
- Search Console Remove URL tool
More Recent News
Google recently announce (via email to advertisers) a chance to SMAART shopping campaigns. In short, there's a new setting to adjust to [...]