Topic: Google announces Core Update (June, 2019)
- Reddit says: Big small and not at all
- Overlapped with an update known as the diveristy update (aimed at showing a greater variety of domains in the SERPS.
- Tips: Simple- Nothing to fix, just do better SEO. Better content, better content promotion, stop looking for silver bullets.
Topic: Google Announces Mobile First Indexing is the default for new domains
- For older websites, Google will continue to determine whether they are ready for mobile first indexing.
- Check out Google Search Console’s URL inspection tool to see which bot has crawled specific pages most recently.
- If you haven’t figured it out my now, stop building websites for PC. Make that the tail end of the conversation, mobile is everything.
Topic: Firefox is now blocking Google Analytics, by default, and even outside of private mode!
- Feature is called, “Enhanced Tracking Protection”
- Affects only new users
- We’ve independently verified across a small subset of websites no evident dropoff in traffic from Firefox. Impact may not be felt for a while. Then again, FF is only 10% of market share so who give flunk.
Search Engine Journal’s pretty harsh comments on this: focus on the fact that firefox does not understand Google Analytics and is blocking it for “issues” which don’t exist.
Leave A Comment